Disney California 2022: Introduction to Our Series

About Me: Richie Mouse

I think it is kind of ironic that I am finding this to be the hardest piece I have had to write in a while. If you could see my drafts folder, there are many endless streams of consciousness tossed into a virtual waste bin. From one attempt of being too enthusiastic, to another being too formal and frankly too confusing, to one that just says "hello" as the title, I did not think it would be this hard to introduce myself. The issue is that I do not know you, the reader! Your background, what you like or dislike in a blog and why you are even reading this. So, this attempt will be honest and exactly who I am, so bare with me as I survey this new virtual environment!


My name is Richie, and I am a Disney fanatic. 



Now, you might say to yourself, 'What does that even mean?' Well, there is a lot to take in! It all started when I was much younger (than I am now). I grew up watching Disney movies and visiting the Disneyland Paris parks. As a child, I was really lucky and privileged to be able to attend the parks in France many, many times. Since then, I have been hooked. And when I say hooked, I mean hook, line and sinker for the love of Disney and it's parks.


There is something magical about the parks. I tried to explain this to my partner a few days ago. It is like a feeling of home, of peace and excitement. It is the magic of Disney. Pixie dust, you could say! 


I know many people do not understand this feeling. From long queues, crying children and bad weather, they would rather a trip to the beach. I, on the other hand, will take Disney any day!!


I spend most evenings wearing Disney merch and watching vlogs about Disney parks. I spend hours scrolling on Twitter looking at some of my favourite Disney influencers tweets about Disney, or Disney accounts about the projects Disney is working on. I get excited when I see new scaffolding going up. I cry listening to the soundtrack to the fireworks show Happily Ever After (I know, talk about lame!) I can name every attraction, character and parade/show over the last ten years. So why not write a blog about it?


My friend, who is also Disney obsessed, said I should write about all the knowledge I have about Disneyland Paris. Although am I no Adam Hattan (an incredible vlogger and author about Disney World and Disney Cruises), I would love to help people when planning their holiday. 


Disneyland Paris is no Disney World. However, it can be confusing, daunting and stressful to plan. You normally book a holiday for four days at the most at Disney and you need to do as much as you can to build wonderful experiences at the park. This blog will (hopefully) tell you the do's and don't's when planning a Disneyland Paris holiday. I will talk about rides, the history of Disneyland Paris and the most important part of all, where to eat.


I cannot guarantee that I will make your holiday magical, but maybe if you use some of my tips, it can help sprinkle some pixie dust on your holiday!


So contact me if you have anything you want me to write about. Let me know a bit about you, and I cannot wait to start this adventure.

Richie x

Comments