Disney California 2022: Introduction to Our Series

What’s A FastPass?



Image by Aline Dassel from Pixabay


Confused and bored by trying to work out how the FastPass system works? Let Richie give you the lowdown on this FREE system that can help your holiday at Disneyland Paris.

If I had a magic lamp when I am at the Disneyland Paris parks and I could make three wishes, I would wish for less people, less queuing and Rock N’ Rollercoaster to reopen. Now two of those wishes are pipe dreams, however I have found with using Disney’s free service “FastPass”, I have cut my time waiting in a queue in half. Every time I go to Disneyland Paris, I notice how many people are not utilising the FastPass options around the parks that can save you time and patience. Like, what is more boring, riding your favourite ride twice or queuing for it once? I’m going to walk you through how FastPass works and give you some tips and tricks which work for me!

Disclaimer, I will not be commenting on the Super or Ultimate FastPasses (The ones you pay for), as I have not experienced these services yet! Maybe, someday!!

What is a FastPass?

A FastPass is a free way of cutting the queue. For certain attractions, Disney releases a number of FastPass slots for certain times. Above the FastPass booths, the times will be displayed. If that time suits you, just swipe your park ticket (or magic pass if you are staying on site) and you will receive a ticket. On this ticket will be the times you can access your Fastpass and when you can access another FastPass for another ride. Confused? That’s understandable. I think it takes some time to get used to the system. Here’s some tips and tricks to try out in the parks:

What Rides Can I Use This FastPass On?

DISNEYLAND PARK 
           Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, Adventureland 
           Star Wars: Hyperspace Mountain, Discoveryland
           Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast, Discoveryland
           Big Thunder Mountain, Frontierland 
           Peter Pan’s Flight, Fantasyland 
           Star Tours, Discoveryland

WALT DISNEY STUDIOS PARK 
           The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Production Courtyard
           Ratatouille: The Adventure, Toon Studio

What Should I Spend My FastPass On?

It really depends on what you, your family or partner wants! If you have young people with you, Peter Pans Flight is a difficult line to stand in, especially when the park gets busy. If you are a thrill seeker, Twilight Zone, Big Thunder Mountain or Hyperspace Mountain would be good options. Remember it is not just one pass, you can use them throughout the day.

Are You Going for Park Opening?

If you are going for Park Opening, you could go queue at Peter Pan’s Flight at Rope Drop (When the park opens) and use your FastPasses on something else.

What’s The Weather like?

Is it raining? I would recommend using a Fastpass on Twilight Zone or Peter Pan’s Flight as their standby queues are outside.

Can I Still Use FastPass if I’m Not On Site?

Yes! It is open to all visitors.

Are the entrances for the FastPass Line Clearly Marked?

In most cases yes. The only one that is off the beaten path is Hyperspace Mountain, which is around the side of the building.

Best FastPass?

The last FastPass of the day for Big Thunder Mountain. If you are lucky, you might catch the fireworks as you fly around The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

If I think of anymore tips, I will update this, or if you have any tips, let me know!

Richie 

Comments